Meditation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Penitent Man
Admin
https://meditation-chamber.forumactif.com

Superheroes Empty Superheroes

Thu 21 Feb - 1:41
Our first album will be dedicated to Superheroes.

Budget for the colorization : $100

We want that kind of render :

Superheroes Rynx

Another artist will create a detailed pencil.

Given that we will create original heroes (because of the copyright) you will not have a  clear reference to follow.

Will this be a problem ?
Sunny tga

Superheroes Empty Re: Superheroes

Thu 21 Feb - 11:45
How many characters will the album cover have?
The Penitent Man
Admin

Thu 21 Feb - 12:14
Three superheroes seen from behind (like Batman in the reference above) and one supervillain seen from the front.

Here is the first rough mockup :

Superheroes X047
Sunny tga

Mon 25 Feb - 9:29
Hi Samy,

Sorry for the late response. I've been out of station for a week.

Speaking of the cover, that's a lot of characters for the budget. 4 characters and for such detailed render I charge more than $50 per character for pin ups and covers.

So my proposal is $150 for the colorization. And if still possible I'd like to give the sketch a shot. If you don't like it then it's free of charge. If you like it and are ready to go forward with the sketch then that'll be $180 for the the complete cover.

What do you think?
The Penitent Man
Admin

Mon 25 Feb - 13:30
I realize that my budget proposal is too low.

It will be an album dedicated to epic music ( superheroes blockbuster style) and whe need original designs for the album cover.

so, before you start sketching we must talk about how the characters will look like (using photo references for instance).

I have posted some information for the supervillain but nothing concerning the heroes.

I suggest a hero like superman but without the cape, black suit. it would be great to be influenced by the kryptonian suit :

Superheroes Jcqa

We must also think about the way they attack, for example, one hero could charge a fire hand etc

I'm open to suggestion.

We will also need a devastated background.

Here is my offer : 300$ for the whole thing : research, sketch and colorization (4 characters + background)

Cheers
Sunny tga

Tue 5 Mar - 9:44
Hey Samy!

Sorry for the late reply, I had been traveling for the past 2 weeks.

And I'm content with your new offer.

So we have the villain and one of the three superheroes covered. What about the remaining 2 superheroes?
The Penitent Man
Admin

Tue 12 Mar - 4:36
Hi Sunny,

Sorry for the late answer (busy with the graphic novel)

Do you have any suggestion for the two other heroes ?

What about a kind of winter soldier with an energetic/etheric arm instead of a metallic one ?

Sunny tga

Sun 31 Mar - 10:13
Hi Sammy.

The forum is working again, I can access it now.

So I wasn't sure if you got a chance to read my last email, let's continue our discussion here from now.

There are a few details I require from you. I'm guessing it'll be of a standard square frame size. And I'll need some information about the texts that'll go on the cover, such as title of album, artist name, production company or anything else you would want on there.

And if you have any concept and preference for the position of these texts then let me know that too because I'll have to compose the art around the text so that nothing is obstructed.

I'll require these final information before I begin.

And regarding payment, I'd appreciate it if you can make 40% of the payment after the concept sketch stage is finalized. The rest can come after the completion of the whole thing. Let me know what you think.

Edit: I have already started sketching up a rough composition with the poses and character placements I can show you shortly.

Regards
Sunny tga

Mon 1 Apr - 18:03
Hello Samy,

Superheroes Sketch10

I haven't heard from you in a while. Here's a very basic composition of the illustration to give you a rough idea of the character placements. I still require details about the title and other text information involved to compose around them accordingly.

Let me know your thoughts so I can proceed with adding details to the characters.

Regards
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum